Monday – Thursday | 10 am – 9 pm
Friday | Closed
Saturday | 10 am – 5 pm
Sunday | 1 pm – 5 pm
Tuesday, January 1, 2019 | New Year’s Day
January 2 - 20 | Closed for Recarpeting, see details below
Sunday, April 21 | Easter
Sunday, May 26 & Monday, May 27 | Memorial Day
Thursday, July 4 | Independence Day
Sunday, September 1 & Monday, September 2 | Labor Day
Saturday, September 14 & Sunday, September 15 | Troy Family Daze
Wednesday, November 27 | Closing at 6pm
Thursday, November 28 | Thanksgiving Day
Tuesday, December 24 | Christmas Eve
Wednesday, December 25 | Christmas Day
Tuesday, December 31 | New Year’s Eve
Wednesday, January 1, 2019 | New Year’s Day
January 2–20, 2019 Closing
Troy Public Library will be closed so new carpet can be installed in the Adult Services area, the Technology Center, the Circulation area, the meeting room and conference room, the Friends Shop, the Book Shop and the Technical Services area. That’s over 30,000 square feet! The Library must close because of the sheer magnitude of the job and because it won’t be a safe environment for patrons while the work is taking place. Think of the quantity of furniture in the Adult Services area alone—all of those pieces have to be removed from the area, all computers dismantled, and everything stored in the available areas of the building. Then we have to put it all back together.
- No fines will be charged
- No items will be due until the week of January 28
- No returns will be accepted after 5 pm on Sunday, December 30
- Drop boxes will be closed and unable to accept items
Monday, December 10
- Last day to place MelCat holds
- Last day to make donations to the Friends of Troy Public Library
- All items checked out starting on this date will be due the week of January 28
- Last day of service for the Technology Center
Sunday, December 30
- Last day to pick up holds.
- Any holds not picked up by this date will be available Monday, January 21.
- Last day to return items.
- All drop boxes will be locked starting at 5 pm this day through the duration of the closing.
- All items checked out up to this date will be due the week of January 28
TPL will also be closed December 24 & 25, and December 31 & January 1 for the upcoming holidays.
While TPL is Closed...
Visit us at the Community Center
While the building is closed, we will be providing limited services in Room 502 at Troy Community Center from January 2–January 17 during our regular hours:
- Monday–Thursday: 10 am– 9 pm
- Fridays: Closed
- Saturdays: 10 am–5 pm
- Sundays: 1–5 pm
- Research assistance for adults, teens and children
- Assistance with eResources, including eBooks, audiobooks, streaming services, digital magazines, and more
- Placing holds
- Storytimes for children (Rooms numbers will be posted at the Community Center)
Library staff will be available to answer any of your questions.
- Adult Information Desk: ASRef@troymi.gov
- Youth Information Desk: YSRef@troymi.gov
- Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Circulation: email@example.com
- Call 248.524.3538 during regular hours to speak to a library staff member
Room 303 at the Community Center has been reserved during exams week —Jan 21, 22, and 23—from 3–8 pm for teens ages 13–18 to study. All are welcome, no registration required.
Explore Other Area Libraries
- *Clinton-Macomb Public Library, 248.226.5000
- *Rochester Hills Public Library, 248.656.2900
- Blair Memorial Library (Clawson), 248.588.5500
- *Baldwin Public Library (Birmingham), 248.647.1700
- *Sterling Heights Public Library, 586.446.2640
- *Bloomfield Township Public Library, 248.642.5800
You may also visit all of the libraries in the Suburban Library Cooperative.
*These libraries allow TPL patrons to use the public computers with no charge. Please be advised: the number of computers available to non-residents and time limits vary by library. Please contact the individual libraries for more details.