Talk Time: English as a Second Language Conversational Group-
If English is your second language, come to Talk Time to practice your speaking and listening skills and improve your English vocabulary in a casual, relaxed atmosphere. This is a weekly event. No registration required, drop in friendly.
Your Guide to Gluten Free: Facts & MythsJanuary 22, 2019 -
Join Registered Dietitian Caroline Margolis, RD for an educational seminar at Fresh Thyme Farmers Market in Troy (901 E Big Beaver Rd) to learn the myths and facts of living gluten free.
Trivia & Brews: Gilmore GirlsJanuary 28, 2019 -
Show off your Stars Hollow knowledge at Gilmore Girls Trivia Night! Meet us for dinner at Granite City Food & Brewery with your team of up to 6 people to prove you’re a true Gilly!
Drop-In DownloadsFebruary 7, 2019 -
Come drop in at the library for any assistance in downloading digital materials from any of the library resources to your smartphone or tablet!
Meet the Author: Karen Dybis, Secret DetroitFebruary 7, 2019 -
The Motor City also has more than three hundred years of history, and most of it is easy to experience if you know where to look. "Secret Detroit: A Guide to the Weird, Wonderful and Obscure" explores our great American city to investigate everything that is odd, unexpected and extraordinary.
Latest News from Adult Information Services
Finalists in the Fiction category are:
- A Lucky Man by Jamel Brinkley
- Florida by Lauren Groff
- Where the Dead Sit Talking by Brandon Hobson
- The Great Believers by Rebecca Makkai
- The Friend by Sigrid Nunez
Finalists in the Nonfiction category are:
- The Indian World of George Washington by Colin C. Calloway
- American Eden: David Hosack, Botany, and Medicine in the Garden of the Early Republic by Victoria Johnson
- Heartland: A Memoir of Working Hard and Being Broke in the Richest Country on Earth by Sarah Smarsh
- The New Negro: The Life of Alain Locke by Jeffrey C. Stewart
- We the Corporations: How American Businesses Won Their Civil Rights by Adam Winkler
Winners will be announced on Wednesday, November 14 in New York.
Click here for a complete list of nominees in all categories.
The Man Booker Prize winner will be announced on October 16 in London. Visit the Adult Information Services Department or check the library catalog for award-nominated titles.
Hours of Operation
Mon 10 am–9 pm
Tue 10 am–9 pm
Wed 10 am–9 pm
Thu 10 am–9 pm
Sat 10 am–5 pm
Sun 1–5 pm