We welcome patrons who have received a hold notification to schedule a curbside pickup appointment. Hours for pick up are Monday-Thursday, 10 am–7 pm. The curbside pickup location is in the northwest Library parking lot, adjacent to the drive-up material return boxes. There are directional signs to guide you.
We ask that you please do not come to pick up items if you have not made an appointment. If you have received a notice that you have a hold available, you can schedule a curbside pick-up appointment. Each appointment is 15 minutes, and you may come any time in that 15-minute window.
Patrons who are physically unable to come to the Library are invited to fill out this outreach form. A librarian will get back to you to get more information and set up a date and time for deliveries.
To Place Items on Hold:
- Log into your account on the Library's catalog using your Library card number and PIN.
- Find an item you want.
- Check “number of items available" to make sure we have at least one copy checked in. Items placed on hold together may not be ready for pick-up at the same time.
- Click "Place a Hold” and confirm your hold request.
- If you have trouble logging in, please call: 248-524-3538 ext.1 or email: Circ@troymi.gov.
- There is currently a limit of 10 holds per card.
To Schedule a Curbside Holds Pick-up Appointment:
- Please do not schedule a curbside pickup appointment until you have received notification that your item(s) is available.
- When you receive the notification that your item(s) are available for pick-up, schedule a pick-up time in the calendar HERE or call 248-524-3538 ext. 2.
- Find an available time slot on the Library’s event calendar.
- Curbside pick-up appointments are scheduled every 15 minutes. You are welcome to come any time in your 15-minute window.
- Fill out the registration form.
- You will receive a confirmation email.
How the Pick-up Works When You Arrive at the Library:
- Park in one of the designated spaces in the Northwest parking lot, adjacent to the drive up material return boxes. *Please do not park in one of the designated spaces prior to your appointment time.
- Call the library at 248-524-3536 and leave a voicemail with your last name and your parking spot number
- Stay in your car.
- Library staff will check out your available items and bring them to your car.
- Library staff will hand you the materials through your car window.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are unable to make your scheduled pick-up time, please call: 248-524-3542 ext. 1 or email: Techroom@troymi.gov.
What Cannot Be Done at Curbside Pick-Up:
- Donation of materials.
- Return of items.
- All returns must be placed in material return boxes located at the main entrance (10 am Saturday–9 pm Monday)
- Last-minute requests. Materials not placed on hold cannot be requested at pick-up.