Do I need to renew my items?
No. All items with due dates from March 14–April 13 have been renewed and are now due on June 15.
I had an item being held before the library closed, will it be there when the library reopens?
Yes, all items being held before the library closed will be available when the library reopens. Patrons will have 7 days from re-opening to pick up their holds.
Can I place items on hold while the library is closed?
While the library is closed, items cannot be placed on hold (this includes MelCat items). To save your desired titles, follow these steps:
- Go to the TPL website: troypl.org
- Click on “Log In to Your Account” or “Account”
- Enter library card number (no spaces) and password to login to your account
- Click on “Search” to find the materials you want
- Click on “Add to List” on right side of page
- You can name your list, and keep several different lists (DVDs, music CDs, etc.) Your lists will appear on the left side of your account page under “My Lists.”
When the library reopens, your list(s) will be ready for you to place on hold!
I have a temporary library card to access digital services that expires on 6/15/2020. How do I renew it?
All temporary cards issued during the closure that were due to expire on 6/15/2020, have been extended. These cards now expire on 9/1/2020.