Welcome to 1000 Books Before Kindergarten! Register Here
Setting a goal to share books with your child every day is one of the best ways to help them develop pre-reading skills that will ensure school and learning success. It is also a great way for your family to spend time together and have fun!
How Does It Work
- Register for the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program here. If your child is already in Beanstack from our Summer Library Program Challenge, simply login and enroll them in this new challenge.
- Read books! Track your books in Beanstack as you go. You can use the web version of the site or try the Beanstack Tracker app. Be sure to count each time you read the same book and even log books your child enjoys in storytime! Need book recommendations? TPL librarians are happy to help!
- Each time you reach a 100 book milestone you earn a special sticker and sometimes you earn a small prize! Contact the Youth Services desk to find out how to pick-up your items!
- When you reach 1000 books your child will earn a certificate and a small bundle of school supplies to get them started on their first day of Kindergarten!
- Have fun! Reading together should be a fun and relaxing time for you and your child. Enjoy these special moments!
- If you read just one story with your child each night for three years you will have read 1,095 books! Reading 1000 books is easy to do if you make it a daily habit. There is no rush as your only deadline is the day your child starts Kindergarten.
- Find ways to bring early literacy into your child’s everyday life. Point out new words you see while running errands. Recite songs and rhymes while driving in the car. All of these activities help your child learn and understand language.
- Visit the library for more resources. We are always happy to help!
TPL Youth Staff
Booklists & Book Recommendations
Links to Helpful Information