Click here to access Overdrive eBooks. Download eBooks & Audiobooks with Overdrive. All you need is a Troy Public Library card! For instructions on how to download, see instructions below. Have your tablet and smartphone loaded with eBooks or audiobooks and be ready for vacations or long weekends or times at home. Download books to your device and don’t worry about an Internet connection!
- Android or Apple device
- Kindle Fire
- Kindle or Kindle app
- Nook Color or Nook tablet
- Nook or other eReader
- Register for a hoopla account by visiting hoopladigital.com, or by using our mobile app on your iOS or Android device. You will need to provide an e-mail address, create a password, and have your library account information ready. Our free mobile app can be found in the App Store and the Google Play store.
- Easily browse titles on your computer or mobile device by clicking Browse All on the format (Music, Movies, Audiobooks, eBooks, Comics, and Television) you would like to browse further on. Search box or magnifying glass and typing in your title(s)/keyword.
- To borrow a title, click on the title and then click the Borrow button. Your borrowed titles can be played right after borrowing, and found under the My Titles menu for viewing/listening. Enjoy your selected titles!
- Borrowed titles will be automatically returned when your lending period is over. There are no holds, wait lists, or late fees for any of hoopla’s content.
- If you need additional help, visit the help section on our mobile app, or click on the Help link found at the bottom of hoopladigital.com.
- Click "Sign Up" in the top right corner
- Create your account by entering your first name, last name, email address, and a password of your choosing
- Be sure to remember your email address and password - you'll use this to log in in the future!
- Kanopy will send you and email to confirm your email address
- Click "Verify my email". The link will send you back to Kanopy's website where you'll be asked to enter your library card
- Start watching movies!
Here's how it works:
- Use your play credits to watch up to 6 films every month.
- Once you press play on a film, you have 3 days to view it as many times as you like without using another play credit.
- Play credits reset on the first of each month - that's 6 new films for you!
- You can access Kanopy from any device, including iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku, and Chromecast.
Using your Troy Public Library card you will be able to stream movies, tv, and download newspapers to your computer, smartphone, and tablet, and have unlimited access to the content with no due dates.
Download the RBdigital app for your Apple or Android device.
Still having trouble downloading digital items or accessing eResources? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 248.524.3534 for help! We will get back to you as soon as possible to get you on track.