Classroom teachers from public and private schools, licensed child care centers, and special education programs located within Troy are eligible for a Teacher Card.
Click here to apply for a Teacher Card
Who Can Apply for a Teacher Card?
Teachers from public and private schools, licensed child care centers, and special education programs are eligible.
Why Do I Want a Teacher Card?
- No fines for late returns.
- Borrow three-week items for six weeks. Regular lending periods apply to other materials.
What is Acceptable Identification?
- A current school-issued or program-issued photo ID, OR
- A current letter on the school’s or program’s letterhead confirming employment, OR
- A paystub
- AND Photo ID and proof of address
The Following are NOT Sufficient:
- Bank or credit card statement
- Check book with address
- Post Office box
- Voter Registration Card
- Any other bills
How Much Does it Cost?
A Teacher Card is FREE!
Do Teacher Cards Expire?
Teacher Cards are issued for the school year and expire on August 31st.
I Already Have a Personal Library Card; Can You Change it Into a Teacher Card?
You cannot use your personal library account as a Teacher Card, and Teacher Cards are only intended for materials you use for work. It is better to maintain your personal account separately.